View Single Post
Unread 10 Nov 2008, 21:26   #4
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice
Re: Change to Galaxy Disband

Mz - I agree free exile IS a recipe for abuse, but I fail to see how any player or alliance can manipulate the universe to such great lengths that they could abuse the system as suggested in my original post. Can I reiterate that, as stated, this suggestion would only aply to players under protection, in a galaxy that has an active disand vote running, and would only be available post tick 72.

If we were to hypothesize that a possible avenue for abuse would be an alliance with a late joining member wants to get that member out of their ***** starting galaxy, the alliance might put pressure (i.e. threats) on that galaxy to put up a gal disband vote so their man can ge a free self exile. But of couse, any such internet based threat would leave a 'paper' trail which could be reported back to the admins so the risk vs gain for an alliance to threaten a gal in this manner would be so catastrophic that it would be a worthless and redundant endeavour.

On that basis I acknowledge your response but still feel this is a valid suggestion. If you care to extrapolate on the potential abuse of this suggestion please do so.

Stein - What? Did you actually read my original post? I do not think I deserve special treatment, nor am I demanding the immediate implementation of this suggestion to aid me out of the predicament I find myself in. Please note, that as stated, this is the first time I've found myself in a possible self exile or gal disband situation and thus it is the first time I have had the knowledge or rather experience to comment on what I have come to believe is a base flaw in the system, which in turn has led to me putting a post on the suggestions forum for consideration in future development of the game. If you care to read my original post you may note that as stated

I signed up tick 217
I am still under protection
My gal has an active disband vote.
The gal members who can self exile, are self exiling

Now take Mz's response for instance. The obvious and apparent answer is to wait until protection ends and then self exile. There is nothing wrong with that solution, other than it being entirely disvantageous to the late signup. Not only is there the cost involved, but, being a late starter, I would like to be in an IRC gal chan with my new gal finding out exactly what they require from me. This time waiting for the gal to auto disband or for me to leave protection and self exile is just dead time. Ergo, this suggestion is based on the concept of removing that dead time by giving the player in protection the option to self exile whilst still in protection, but only if the criteria as stated were met. (and please note though the term 'I' is used my personal experience or desire is presented here merely to act as an example as to why a suggestion such as this can provide benefits to other players / the game)

Again, if you had read / understood the original post, you should have also noted that this suggestion ( I reiterate ) would only apply to post tick 72, planets in protection, in gals with an active disband vote. Thus making your comment about 'players self exiling are probably paying for other mistakes' entirely redundant in this instance. Indeed your response goes further in implying that this mistake comment made by yourself applies to me.

My mistake was joining late. Not really a mistake more a victim of circumstance. Hey I'm guilty as charged but with that being my only mistake your response appears to me bitter, and quite pathetic in all honestly. Please read AND understand my original post if you wish to input in this suggestion forum, if you are merely looking for one upmanship and cheap girly bitchiness or to turn this thread into the usual circus sideshow of patheticness then please, for all our sakes, refrain from posting because you are wasting all our time and embarassing yourself.

Cheesr, Nik
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote