View Single Post
Unread 21 May 2006, 14:40   #48
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: I want a Second Planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
as an aside, plans are in place to be able to scan a full galaxy at once to some degree.
Yay! What about JGPs only requiring a free fleet?

Quote:
Jester, while you've covered one person running many accounts, you've not yet mentioned sharing accounts between people. I take it that it'd still be the case that this is against the rules?
I'm really not sure. Part of the problem is that it is very difficult to police either fairly. Being closed is very arbitrary and relies in large on how good you are at convincing the multihunters that you're not cheating (whether or not this is true).

Quote:
I think that allowing planets to play in different styles would make the game more interesting [if also more complex].
They already can and do, don't worry too much about that.

Quote:
Scanners are obviously relied upon, but there seems to be two separate points here. On the one hand, there's the point that playing hardcore relys on players being scanners to assist you. Either you need a planet playing as a scanner, or the tech tree needs to be adjusted so it's easier to research scans. We have to keep in mind that many feel they can't play active and want to help, and traditionally do so by becoming scanners.

On the other hand, we have the issue that with p2p, will one user bother signing up lots of accounts and paying for them? Also, how is it possible to show that a free planet signed up by the same player is going to become a paid account? from a Multihunter perspective, closing 2 free accounts that are "going to upgrade in the next week or so to become paid accounts and therefore be 'legal'" is always going to be problematic and hard to enforce.
I'm not following how the latter has anything to do with scanners. As for payment, I'd say that if they're not upgraded by the time they're out of protection, no mercy. But for a planet to be legal, it has to have the same (typoes allowed, I guess) personal details (name, address). If the passport (hah!) system were enabled, they could all be accessed via the unified login.

Quote:
If we are going to introduce the ability to have more than one planet, it'd have to be either by having an extra ingame option for paid planets or some sort of clearly defined and simple system for signing up more than one planet.
Yeah, see above about the passport (again, hah!).
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote