View Single Post
Unread 31 May 2005, 10:09   #9
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Four Weeks on a Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
i believe it was ste who did the whole travelling thing last summer so he may have some words of wisdom for you
You believe right

My advice - Book accomodation ahead in Prague. The Clown and Bard is meant to be the best one there.
If you know what dates you're going to all these places then book ahead as much as possible - saves a lot of stress!

On the list of 'best hostels in europe' the following are recommended:
Barcelona: Kabul Hostel
Vienna: Wombat's City Hostel
Berlin: Circus Hostel
Amsterdam: The Flying Pig
Paris: The Three Ducks

I've stayed in a couple on the list and they are pretty damn good - probably the best for meeting people and getting drunk.

Best advice though: BUY THE THOMAS COOK EUROPEAN RAIL SUMMER TIMETABLE. You can get it from all good bookshops and it really really helps plan when and where you go next, including whether you need to book a ticket in advance, pay a supplement (yes you may have to on quite a few) and where the train heads. I missed a train only once and that's because they moved it to another platform and we couldn't understand polish...

Also - £130 to get to Madrid? ripped off You can get a ticket for under £30!

I'm travelling round from the end of June for 3 weeks, renting a car rather than interrailing and will be camping on the beach Barcelona, Valencia, Granada, Seville, Cordoba, Toledo, Madrid is the rough plan at the moment. There are lots of other places I want to see like Murcia, Ronda, Cadiz, Alicante, Tarragonna etc Which we might see on the way

Sounds like a great trip you've got planned anyway! Shame i'd be just missing you in Madrid but I'll be Pamplona til the 30th June then in Barcelona til 2nd July if you wanna drop by and say hi!

If you have time incidentally, there are a few places near Vienna you could see - Salzberg being one, Bratislava (very cheap beer!) being another and a little bit further south is Slovenia which is a really beautiful country especially Ljubljiana and Bled.
(my photos are all online if I haven't showed you them already...)

Finally, for anyone else thinking of travelling anywhere in Europe this year (this is for non-uk people too) I have found a great website for finding cheap flights from anywhere in europe.
http://www.flylc.com/directall-en.asp
Very useful I've found.

Anyway, hope that was some use!
Some nice philosophy too - "You can always make more money, you can't make more opportunities"

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote