View Single Post
Unread 4 Aug 2007, 08:33   #6
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Premiership Predictions 2007/2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
i've updated my post with my top 10, the rest will follow at some point in the next couple of days. (i really, really don't want to do 10-15 )

there's also some things i'd like to discuss with others' posts on this thread.
Deffeh:
1/ Manchester United have improved their depth in their defense by recalling Gerard Pique, who has been a tremendous success at Real Zaragoza last season to their first team squad for this coming season, it's definitely not as weak as suspected by Deffeh i feel.
2/ Birmingham over Sunderland?!

1. Pique has been linked with a move away pretty consistently and im not sure Ferguson rates him. Either way the likelihood is with the 'favourites' system at old trafford that Brown/Silvestre/O'Shea will get the nod anywhere accross the back line before Pique/Cathcart do. I actually genuinely rate Wes Brown as a player - think hes a very good center half, if not for man utd - but he isnt a right back.

Given the kind of football man utd are so used to playing - 4-4-2, competent ball players, good passing, attacking full backs - for me without neville and to a lesser extent evra, they look considerably less potent down the flanks. I think this was pretty evident for a lot of the games last season; when neville got injured and ronaldo seemed like an isolated figure (the milan away game, for one).

Its another one of the reasons i think they'll lack a penalty box striker, so much of their game is based on wide penetration (well, you're hardly going to get it from carrick or hargreaves, and scholes isnt that sort of player as often any more - rooney will give you some central penetration but then who's in front of him?) so it seems to me a little that their flanks attacks will lack final options.

2/ Birmingham played better football at their best than Sunderland did last year. I really dont think Sunderland have signed well at all in the transfer window, if you go to the BBC Sport squad selector - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...or/default.stm - you see what a really weak team it is at the moment. Obviously with these sort of things, theres usually only a couple of points in it either way so seeing sunderland finish ahead of birmingham wouldnt shock me to the core, but i think birmingham have the better side.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote