View Single Post
Unread 14 Aug 2007, 12:55   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: What Should be Taught in Schools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Is it a private prep school with <20 pupils per class, by any chance?
Yes, but she was also employed at the local comprehensive for several years. That's not really relevent though, as "Your arguments are crap because I'm a teacher" isn't the greatest thing to seemingly base an argument on, especially as it misrepresents or ignores the enormous amount of debate in this area that takes place between teachers. The act of teaching obviously gives rise to opinions at both ends of the spectrum, so much so in fact that it's probably best to ignore the effect of it at all and consider it an independent factor for all the predictive power it would give us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
(also I assumed Dante/nod were talking about secondary schools as that's what this topic started as)
"The 4-5 years or so prior to highschool would probably consist of some variation of Montessori education." from nod, and talk about how people change when they start attending school from Dante.

Even if they hadn't mentioned that, when their argument is basically "schooling is structured in a way that disencourages a child to learn, here's what I think should be done differently", why you would think that this would only suddenly start to apply in the middle of their time at school is beyond me.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote