View Single Post
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 21:03   #30
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Action buffs: two interesting looking movies out in the UK this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I just got back from watching V for vendetta, I have to say it was a cracking film and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Although the girl I was with did start crying, im not sure why though.
Because at the end the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben were blown up! I didn't like watching that at all

I saw it last night.

The american influences were inescapable I suppose, from the little "Oh here's a reminder about what the 5 November means we'll just tell you the brief story of Guy Fawkes" right up to the way all the English people seemed to say "bollocks!" as their second word. Apparently it's what we all do. Nathalie Portman's accent was a bit laughable too.

I was pleasantly impressed with this film. When I saw the Wachowskis were doing it a little bit of me died inside, as I thought they'd butcher the comic.

They did a very nice transition though. The original V for Vendetta comic was based around Thatcher-era (V for Victory etc) and was a dark extrapolation into what might become. The Wachowskis took the base ideas (terrorism, lack of personal identity) and updated them to our time. It still maintained some of the dated ideas, but kept modern technology also.

Having Stephen Fry in it is too.