Thread: Fort Gals
View Single Post
Unread 3 Jan 2010, 19:33   #43
komodododo

komodododo will become famous soon enoughkomodododo will become famous soon enough
Re: Fort Gals

Few additional thoughts: I'm honestly not too sure how dedicated the players of most alliances are - but i'd presume that the base requirement is higher than 'log on once a day'. This leads you to think that unless you're able to log frequently, you're not going to last long in (or even be accepted into) an alliance.

Bam, like that, the majority of people who are picking up the game for the first time (who probably don't realize the timesink that it can be) are missing out on the best part of the game. You could probably make the argument that the base requirement to enjoy the game as part of an alliance is too high - but I'd not know if that's true or not (although I am aware of people making recruitment posts on gal forums etc - do they get much response from newbies?).

A 'public' alliance for planets would make the best part of the game (co-ordinating attacks/def - watching them fail/succeed, community, sense of purpose) accessible to more people. Those things would be there to experience for newbs - even if they don't have enough time to dedicate themselves to a 'real' alliance. Following that through, it might even spur new players to spend more time with the game. Being in an ally did that to me.

Could you envision something along the lines of public alliance(s) working?
komodododo is offline   Reply With Quote