View Single Post
Unread 7 Mar 2011, 21:37   #40
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future
Re: Jagex Introduction / Q&A

Wow!
That was well written, to the point and very clearsighted!
I can not hope to match your skills in writing, and much less the English language, but I am brave enough to make a fool out of myself by replying anyway :-P

I can certainly agree , or understand your reasoning behind, many of the things that you write. However, I do have a problem agreeing to your main point; That the customers are responsible for the lack of development...
Yes, I can understand that there are forces in the community that has that effect NOW, after such a looooong time with disappointments, untruths, forgotten promises and lack of action and leadership...But what can you expect in a hopelessly mis-managed community? No, that wasn't a kick to anyone but the list of previous owners, but no matter how I can twist and turn to look at this, it always falls back on whoever owns it.
Planetarion SHOULD have been taken to a new level by Jolt. They had the means, but not the stones, so to speak. In stead, I believe Jolt ripped us all off. From that point on, no new owner has been able to "refurbish" the game, and the tiny steps of modernization it has seen, has mostly been too little too late.
I am all for open-source alternatives, community-driven content and the likes, but a game like this requires dedicated full-time personnel. And, just as important, it requires a vision with the decision-maker(s). One ring to bind them all, and all that.
The fact that PA has even had corporate owners for the past 5 years is hard to believe...Horribly outdated business-model, ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha payment-methods, a public frontpage that shouts "home-made", and 5 year old typos!

My point is, the game, name, domain, site and community, have all been mis-managed for a long time. And in that light, I'd be hard pressed to blame the loyal customers for the lack of progress.....That's my view anyway...

Then again, wtf do I know about anything, I've hardly been here the past 5 years