View Single Post
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 23:02   #4
are
former and current VGN HC

are is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Stat changes for R15

Cathaars are weak enough as they are
They can not fight of a Zik attack.
They can not fight of a Terran attack.
They can not fight of a Cathaar attack.
They can not fight of a Xan attack.
This is for the simple reason a Cath has to be 100% covered as everyone just sails on as they know they get roids if the def is wrong and loose nothing if the def is correct.

Great suggestion to improove TA, it changes nothing, only improovement is attacking Ziks is a bit easier in the start. They have enough Terran BS soon enough. Only way to fix it would make them better init than Dragons. This again would really make them to powerful.
Sure, Scorpions are probably one of the best stealers in the game, however, no CO are there to try and stop CR -> wherever you go, no CO to steal for your Scorpions except in rare cases in in-galaxy defence and at the start. This again makes your value grow fast and this results in more attackers on the Cathaar player as he provides more XP/roid and this even without any risk.

I am Cath and it is the first round ever I see at least some strength in Caths and I played Cath since races exist.
People always forget Cath ships don't kill -> you have to have some strong attack combos to gain roids as you won't keep them for long.
Or just tell me you know anyone who takes that 2M value Zik in a galaxy attack? Everyone jumps at the 2M Cath.
So while they can not even defend themselves alone against any incoming from a planet only 30% their value, it is only fair they are able to attack a planet 2 times their size without losses. Atm this is not possible, with CO you can only attack Terrans and only if they don't have to many Gryphs and everyone has tons of anti CR. An dfor making Arrowheads even stronger: try atacking a Xan with even only a few Arrowheads iwth your CO class. Unless you add Spiders, yu will die and when you add Spiders you need lots of them to get past the Sents. After all Cathaars still don't kill.

Regards,
_are_