Unread 8 Aug 2007, 21:12   #26
Bedda0815
jerk

Bedda0815 is on a distinguished road
Re: [Round 22] Terran success

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmV0rl0n
*HEADSCRATCHING*
I have no idea why you are smokescreening this badly. As I said before, its not just ship STATS that is the problem. Its way beyond ship stats.
TER downsides.
1. Long ETA (BS max number of successful landings =198, less if you take real world game issues into account) When you are going to have so few landings, you would be crazy to fake blowing the few ETAs you have..
2. Long RESEARCH (TER can't even roid till late on..)
3. High cost (Thus, TER has to try and finance high cost ships, it has no choice, while being limited early game by the cost of initing roids, and being denied the chance to roid. Vicious circle, if you init, you can't buy ships. If you buy ships, you are so poor the build rate is tiny..)
4. ETD eat TER BS for breakfast(oh dear, there dies the old advantage TER had..)
5 ZIK FR kill TER with impunity. (What use is all your armour and firepower if its useless, dead, smoking wreckage?)
6. As someone else said, TER can't actually defend. TER has to rely on def from others.
I can't aggree with point 3

It's true that a single Ter ship has high cost but these ships are BIG and by big i mean really big. Their A/C as the manual calls it is supirior to nearly anything else. This is also true for empres.
In mixed fleets the bigger ships are always better. the currect combat engine leads to big ships not being targeted.

The problem with point 4 is that Etd not only can eat Ter Bs for breakfast. They desperatly want to eat Ter BS.

and you haven't mentioned Xan Fi
Ter are target #1 when a Xan searches for a place for his Fi
Xan Fi can only be defended by beetles/voyagers (and possible some wraiths too if there are already some freezers) from the alliance and as these are EMP you would need lots of them to stop the Xan fi

Ingal you could defend with thieves but if your gal lacks enought thieves or if these are on the way to the terran next door.....

For Zik Fr it's similar, there is no zero loss def ship which could be sent by the alliance and Zik usually hit Ter with their Fr...

So to summarize my thougths

A Ter needs dedicaded ingal Thieves and Tycoons to archive a good rank. For r22 Terrans the gal is more important than it might be for other races.
Bedda0815 is offline   Reply With Quote