View Single Post
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 23:29   #40
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Stat changes for R15

Quote:
Originally Posted by veX
I personally would like to see a downgrade in anti fr in general. The zik fr fleet has become relatively useless now, as most ziks have too many maru, all xans have too many vsh, all terrans have too many drake/syren and a lot of cats have a heavy viper fleet.
Yes, the amount of anti Fr around has pushed Xan to use Fi more than Fr/De, too. This is
Quote:
'Just move on to the bs/cr fleet!' I hear you cry. Well I would, but i actually want to steal some co. Zik needed an fi/co steal ship this round imo, for ally def if nothing else.
This would create stealing chains, which is what I was carefully trying to avoid. The steal ships of Ter/Cath/Xan are the bigger fleet feeding the smaller fleet, and all 3 classes (De for Terran, Co for Cath, Fi for Xan) don't contain steal ships in Zik either, so that they can't steal these ships and then use these stolen ships to steal others. In this way only Ziks can steal more than one class, keeping a lot of their Zikness[size=3]™, [/size][size=2]while everyone gets steal ships to play with, which imo is a happy comprimise. [/size]

Quote:
Personally Im finding it difficult to land with any zik fleets later in the round, and with a lack of stolen pods from other classes due to attackers pulling etc etc it isnt even feasible to fake. Then again, this might just be the luck of the draw, and nothing to do with stats whatsoever.
No, to a certain extent it is stats. It's a lot easier to steal from suiciding attackers, and last round's success of Ziks together with the fact that most Zik steal ships target classes of a higher ETA than them mean they're not viable for more than galaxy defence, therefore reducing pod capture.

Quote:
I was a big fan of sharing the stealing out amoung the other races at the start of the round, but now im not so sure. Some of the steal ships are just more effective than others. For example, the terran syren in a cr bs fleet (which is a hard fleet) or the scorpion in the cath cr fleet is going to see a lot more action than the xan tbt.
Yes, in many ways Xan's TBT is the weakest of the 3 non-zik steal ships. However, if Sentinals are moved to Fi it'll drop the effectiveness of stolen Co a bit for Cathaars, leaving Wyvern by far the most effective in terms of possibly stolen useful ships (Scarabs, Lancers and Peackeepers, as well as Clippers to support Drakes).