View Single Post
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 09:14   #30
are
former and current VGN HC

are is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Stat changes for R15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
I think that Cathaar needs to be adjusted to change their relationship with Xan a bit more. Xan FR (or rather, second pod class) needs a complete overhaul.
Well, the idea of 'adjusted' the proposed changes gave are more like 'oh, if you are really active you managed top10 midround this time as Cath while after last round we are used to Cath completly out of top50, this is not intended, get them out there again'
I am fine if the Viper gets downgraded a bit, Cath is not supposed to have useful kill ships, but at the same time lowering all main attack ships *and* raising their targets stats is a bit to much.
For the stealing / stealing targets: Last round Ziks had really been overpowered. Might not have been exactly the fault of the Ziks, but people just accepted donating their fleets to them, that way they became basically untouchable in the end not because of their own stats, but because of the stolen ships stats. This round Cathaar is able to steal a few nice ships, but low end players are not used to evac the targetted ships. There is no single reason for a Cathaar ever to gain a single CO in a normal raid. No CO targets the CR, no need to keep them home and see them stolen. For some reason my targets recognized this and most of the time the CO are out. I attack everyday and I have 99 Arrowheads, 0 Sents, 3 Cutters. This is left from the first 2 stealing success attacks at the start of the round, no stealing for me since then except from other Cath players.
On the other hand I see increasingly attacks of all types that look like ship farming to me, it is about time to introduce negative XP for attacking planets with value a certain fraction smaller than the attackers value and having XP time out over time, e.g. 1%/day.

Regards,
_are_