View Single Post
Unread 18 Dec 2006, 18:34   #12
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Self inflicted Pigeonholing

There's a reason why they call it "Coming out of the closet". Maybe this is just who she was all along?

People change all the time, to adapt to their environment, or simply to get change. To make a poor example, when I moved from my hometown of 11 000 inhabitants, where I knew everyone, to a city of nearly 200 000 to go to the university, where I knew no one, I changed my behavior a lot.

Back home, I knew everyone, and rarely talked to strangers. If I was going out, I would simply call a few friends, set a place and bring a couple of six packs. Up here, I knew 3 people. I'm not sure if it was subconsciously, or not, but I started talking to people I didn't know, I went out a lot more, invited people home for parties - in general, I became a lot better at socializing than before. I regularly speak to people I don't know, and I get new friends all the time.

These past six months have changed me more than the last 3 years at home have. Or have they?

Back home it is a very tightly knit community. There are a lot of do's and don'ts, and behaving the wrong way can give you a lot of shit. I had to restrict myself. There were no such restrictions in Trondheim.

I like to think that I don't change, but of course I do. But I don't think people change as much as we like to believe, and I guess she didn't change that much.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote