View Single Post
Unread 10 Aug 2009, 15:45   #17
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future
Re: Mobile interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
I don't understand this last bit, but as a stab in the dark, your browser isn't showing page content to the right of the menu, but below? That's pretty crap if that's the case, but I'm pretty certain most mobile browsers these days shouldn't have a problem with that.
Varies on the handset and browser.

On my Nokia E65 with Opera Mini, Opera Mobile and the default browser it's painful to navigate in full page mode. Doing anything requires scrolling throughout huge sections of the page. It's only a 240x320 screen, although it's still perfectly capable of using most sites. Forcing the site into mobile mode makes it easier to navigate pages in general (as you only need to scroll down and not right), but it's a bit of a hack when the site doesn't provide a handheld CSS file (hence the 2 pages of navigation).

On my Android phone with 320x480 it's better, but it's still not an optimal experience, I'm sure the same applies to the iPhone and any other fairly recent devices. You still have to scroll around the page but it's obviously faster than older phones to do so.

A few tweaks could go a long way towards making the game easier to use on mobile devices, along with reducing bandwidth and memory usage.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote