View Single Post
Unread 10 Aug 2009, 12:24   #15
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future
Re: Mobile interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper View Post
My mistake regarding navigation. The entire navigation list on every page isn't needed though, it's probably better having the front page as a basic overview with links to pages, with other pages having their content near the top of the page with just a back link at the very top (breadcrumbs).
Again a bad idea. Mobile browsers often can't cache previous pages visited (due to lack of memory), so going back often requires reloading pages, so having to go back to a previous page in order to go forwards is horrible.

Quote:
My point is you shouldn't have to scroll through 2 pages of navigation links just to get to the content.
I don't understand this last bit, but as a stab in the dark, your browser isn't showing page content to the right of the menu, but below? That's pretty crap if that's the case, but I'm pretty certain most mobile browsers these days shouldn't have a problem with that.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote