Thread: Fort Gals
View Single Post
Unread 3 Jan 2010, 17:40   #40
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fort Gals

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodododo View Post
Here are the biggest issues that I encountered, being a new PA player:

- horribly outdated wiki (after this website, it's your first source of info)
- if you don't have an alliance, you feel absolutely powerless (you have no intel as to what planets/gals are legit targets and which will have def and counter attack you - attacking is a real stab in the dark)
- lack of community spirit in many 'normal' gal forums due to the concentration of good players/alliances into these fort gals
- the demanding nature of the game.
1. The support team and zPeti was meant to be working on updating it but i guess they got busy with all the questions being asked in #support [/sarcasm]
2. Yeah, thats a major design flaw which should be fixed as soon as possible.
3. The problem is, Experienced players dont really use the forums to communicate, they use IRC so the forums are redundant. I'd be much happier with a galaxy shoutbox on every page.
4. Yeah its an extremly demaning game and at the moment there's no way around that, as there simply isnt any fun in being casual/small. As the only real development you can do to your planet, is get roids.

Quote:
Would it be possible to, after a certain point in the game, force any non-allied players into special alliances run (voluntarily) by some experienced players? It'd give newbies, who don't necessarily browse these forums and see the recruitment threads, a glimpse of the more fun (imho) and engaging aspect of the game. It'd make the 'farming' of inactive planets/gals less of an issue. It'd encourage newbies to play for more than a round - 'I wonder how a REAL alliance runs things?'. It'd help create more alliances. Y'ask me, all these things would enrich the game in both the short and long term.

Sorry for going OT
The problem is finding these experienced players to run it, its not as simple as getting the support team to help out.. as they wont.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote