View Single Post
Unread 10 Jul 2013, 16:22   #8
Fruntxas

Fruntxas is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Round 53: Government Changes

Quote:
I don't like the ability to change governments, as it removes a strategic choice: do I go Demo to get started quicker, Tot to take advantage of crashing and stealing, or Corp for late game value play? If you can change your government, then there is no real choice: everyone will go Demo in the early round, and then Corp or Tot in the late round. PA has been narrowing its range of choice for a long time now, and this change will narrow it further.

If you're dead set on this, the drawbacks of Anarchy are laughable. Double them. Also add news entries whenever your government changes, both when you enter and exit Anarchy. I would also suggest changing its name to Chaos, though that's really a minor nitpick. The duration is fine.
Fully agreed. It's "unfair" you could say. Just set a government for the round and don't let it change.
Anarchy is seems fit if this goes ahead either way.

Quote:
I've never understood why you insist on making people choose a government in the first 168 ticks. There is no strategy that benefits from delaying a government choice until the late round. None.
You're not the only one. He never explained it to us.

Quote:
I like this. While you're touching cov ops anyway, change bankhacking, from maximum of 10k per agent to 8k. It's currently way too powerful. 8k is probably still too high, but let's err on the side of caution (for once ).
In my opinion, Cov ops should have more impact and not the opposite. 10k is low, and changing it to 8k would make people stop playing.

The duration of this new cov op (5 ticks) is way too low though. It doesn't compensate for the research that has to be done.
I'd say 25 agents/8-10 ticks (random or based on something).

Also and while you're at it Appoco, maybe increase the XP for each op I'd say.

And raise the wages on Security Guards/Agents. They're way too cheap.
Fruntxas is offline   Reply With Quote