View Single Post
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 16:47   #8
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: What Language is the "best" to learn?

It depends on how you learn. I personally found PHP/Perl/etc to pickup much easier than my various attempts to learn C not because they were inherently easier (although they are) but because I could get immediate results with "realistic" small projects (writing dymanic websites, parsing large text files, sorting out mp3s, etc). With C++ you seem to have to do quite a lot to achieve very little which I found dampened by enthusiasm considerably.

Also, the amount of good free non-ad infested resources for these languages is immense.

I'd personally go for either C or Perl, although as Pabs said once you're familiar with certain concepts it's a lot easier to try others.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote