View Single Post
Unread 29 Jul 2010, 14:37   #19
Alex

Alex has a spectacular aura aboutAlex has a spectacular aura aboutAlex has a spectacular aura about
Re: Hi from a Jagex fansite

Ahh, you were owned by Jolt. I understand your mistrust completely - I used to play NationStates 2, and that got canned for no apparent reason.

I can assure you, Jagex is in a different league compared to them. They've only just started working on third-party games, but their support for War Of Legends has been impressive (not a game that a lot of us fans like all that much, but they've been doing serious work on it). They have a good pedigree of keeping games free, and offering a real choice not to pay. So yeah, from what we see they're nowhere near as commerical as Jolt/OMAC. They're like a smaller Blizzard.

As for dealing with a skeptical community, I think half of the RS population is in a constant state of whining about every single community. You guys are a lot smaller and more mature than what they deal with on a weekly basis. In fact, the one thing I'd be worried about from your point of view is a flood of newbies that breaks your community spirit. You say you want more people, but you really don't want the average RuneScape player getting in here. They will piss you off to no end, because "THIS GAME HAS NO GRAPHICS!!!!111!1!!". Check out the RS Official Forums, especially the Rants section.

We're the most research heavy fansite that Jagex have, so we find things like this first, but if we got this it's a matter of time until bigger fansites either pick it up through an announcement, find it themselves, or rip it off of us.

Last edited by Alex; 29 Jul 2010 at 14:51.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote