View Single Post
Unread 4 Sep 2008, 12:38   #27
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Jumping through hoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey View Post
What you really mean is you don't have a leg to stand on with your views, you know you are trying to abuse a system that isn't designed for what you want and rather than take it up with the correct people you would rather act like a spoilt little bitch and complain because about support rather than actually use your energy to discuss it constructively with netgamers who are the ones who could potentially help you. By ignoring anyone who tells you your complaints at support and pateam aren't valid you can continue to act like your right
Actually no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey View Post
I mean are you serious in thinking that you think anyone should be able to create an alliance and then be able to get as many channels as they want. If that was allowed it would be a complete mockery and ultimately the selfish desires of you and anyone else who abused it would see us All lose something which is helpful to alliances in general.
a) These are scare tactics. We have no way of knowing whether it would be abused or not. And if it were, as Jonneh has stated, all channel registration is still handled manually on CService's side (I dunno if this is true for alliance/relay channels, but here's me assuming). This means that any attempts at outright abuse would be visible to CService.

b) Of course my desires are selfish. It's not like I give out the Munin code to the public or anything.

c) You're not an authority on either CService or PAteam, so who the hell are you to say that we're going to be losing all this? I've seen no objection from CService or PAteam to the principle of my request, simply that the wording of their agreement stands in the way of it.

Quote:
Now I do agree that at times the access to #alliances is a little strict (Top 15, 25 members and either a round of play or a provable pedigree) and could do with being more fluid so that its not so much about an alliances rank, members or pedigree but on the viability and stability of an alliance. But either way your new 1 man alliance created on a new free account without any intention of playing wouldn't and shouldn't qualify as stable and viable and suitable for #alliance membership.
#alliances is a (bad) joke and the fact that you take it so seriously that you care about what the criteria for entry are just shows how wildly off course you are. Requiring people to take part in that farce to get CService alliance treatment is insulting.

Quote:
The simple fact is you wanted to do something you aren't allowed to do by CService rules and then went about trying to basically abuse other systems to get around these rules and then complaining here when your told you cant as the other systems aren't there for what you want to do. PAteam and Support did nothing wrong by not allowing you to abuse the system.
Like I've stated a bajillion times. I'm fine with CService's limits and criteria. By the time I'd posted this thread I'd resigned myself to losing one of my channels to get #munin.

My gripe is that when #support/PAteam were confronted by something they hadn't anticipated, and instead of going 'we hadn't thought of that' they became defensive and pointed at the rules going 'look, you can't have it'. These are rules they put in place. This is circular logic.

I would like to do N.
You can't do N.
Why not?
Because of the rules.
Why is it in the rules?
Because of the rules.
How do I go about getting the rules changed?
You can't, those are the rules.

You'll notice that CService's representatives (Jeekay and Jonneh) took a completely different beat on this thread. They did not arbitrarily claim that nothing can ever be changed and I should just learn to live with whatever arbitrary rules have been put in place.

PAteam/#support, while being very helpful and reasonable, did nothing of the sort.

Incidentally, people have come to me suggesting many ways to get around the channel limit. Here are some of them and the reasons I haven't taken them:

a) Get another nick and register it under that
-> Against CService rules, plus I'd need to login to that nick every 30 days.
b) Use the alliance nick for Ascendancy to reg it as a relay channel.
-> Abuse of the feature, plus sucks because it expires every round.
c) Get someone else to reg it.
-> I don't see why I should. More in a previous reply.
d) Get official channel status for #pawiki.
-> Despite Speh never having heard of the channel, I've been offered help by PAteam to get #pawiki made an official channel before. Given my dislike for PAteam's practices, it'd be fairly hypocritical of me to accept.

I'm not interested in jumping through hoops or (and this might surprise some people) arguing my way to another channel. Like I said, I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to have to ditch a chanel to get #munin.

My complaint is merely that I tried to use a system put in place to do exactly what I desired, and was stymied not because I wanted to do something outrageous, but because I wanted to do something completely normal in a way PAteam and CService had not foreseen.

When confronted with this, PAteam tried to help me within the confines of this agreement, without realizing that the agreement exists to serve exactly the kind of person they were trying to help. On top of that all these rules are undocumented, so I can't just go read them and say 'oh, I guess not'.

I have one unanswered question that I'd like to get an answer to: How do I change the name of Ascendancy to Munin?

I guess there's a (less important) followup to that question:
What happens to an alliance's nick if they sign up as a different tag during a later round?
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote