View Single Post
Unread 27 Jul 2008, 12:18   #26
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future
Re: How much is PA worth? really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
Well your assuming that if I bought PA and was going to improve it I would necessarily be buying the game for the game code. I would be buying PA for the brand far more then for the code. It would be conceivable that after having "my programmer" look at the existing code we would determine that it isn't worth salvaging and would build a new game from the ground up like has already been done once in PA (r10) and has been talked about being done again several times. The value of PA is the brand far more then it is the code or even the player base, and in the world of mobile gaming, especially on phones, there is huge potential for older browser based games to have significant appeal as several others have already pointed out.
How do you value the brand name of Planetarion?

My best guess is that it's only really that worthwhile to either existing players or past players, anyone else is more than likely to say they've never heard of it or they're not that bothered. Current players are obvious, they're most likely to stay with the game. However would any ex-players come back even if the game was improved dramatically? I'm not too sure. Most people may have some fond memories of the game, but they've probably moved on and realise that either real life or other games are better than playing this game.

It's not like it's a Google or anything with a great reputation.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote