View Single Post
Unread 1 Feb 2008, 21:19   #15
Kenny

Re: For the love of God...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese
reducing the cap to 60 hasnt created smaller alliances, its created alliances that have 10 or more people playing out of tag. What you see isnt what you get. This is in fact hurting the smaller allies, not helping them.
With the exception of xvx who are really pushing the boundaries of sticking to the rules, yes - alliances are smaller this round. I mean jesus, most alliances cant even get 60 people to join their tag.

One of the main reason you see people out of tag supporting those in a top tag is because there is no alternative. They're quite happy to idle out-of-tag because there aren't any decent alternatives (in their eyes).

The support planet rule was put on hold for this round (can't remember what happened last round, I think I was asleep or something) because the MH team cba trying to find support planets. Admittedly, this is because it takes more effort than say.. looking at somebody's account and seeing IPs from all over Europe that have been logging in to it.

But tbh the support planet rule is a completely different topic. I can GUARANTEE you there'll be A LOT of people who wont want to play with an alliance if they're not going to be 'in tag'. I'm sure as hell I wouldn't be happy to play as a 'support planet', and ANYONE who wants to do well will feel the same. They have no eta advantages for def, so they'd get little external support (unless they created a second tag, which would be pure evil) and even then - it's immediately creating a second alliance that just happens to be working very closely to xvx. I mean the former.

Taking tag spots away (10, to be precise) will force a lot of people to go elsewhere if they want to do well, as they'll need to be in a tag.