Thread: fat disease?
View Single Post
Unread 29 Jan 2005, 18:33   #35
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: fat disease?

Quote:
now jc has a point which has made me rethink my point of view on this topic, however a fault in your LDL receptors isn't exactly a disease now is it?
It's a genetic disease.

I agree in general with what you are saying. I have several friends who are vastly overweight and moan about it yet do nothing about it. One in particular eats constantly, wont eat/drink anything diet/low fat etc, and he is training to be a doctor. If he was my doc and advised me to lose weight i dont think i'ld be able to keep a straight face. As far as i know he has no genetic predisposition to gain weight.

As for Prada-Willi syndrome i would guess it is to do with Leptin and the Leptin receptor seeing as they regulate how hungry you feel.