Unread 17 Dec 2010, 18:48   #5
Will
Planetarion Support Team Member

Will is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Winter Round: FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mPulse View Post
I hadn't even thought about the Christmas round
Neither had I, the tools backing my "bot" for #scans will need to be reset for tonight.

Quote:
there is another bot apparently in the pipe-line that ell and ali were sorting out
Last I heard (a week ago), Androx had "got the core done" so hopefully it's not too far away.

Quote:
use the request function that was in place last round, supplied by Will. Check the channel topic for details.
Don't worry about what the topic says too much (at least while my bot's in use, I have no idea if I can change that topic) -
  • "!request" isn't required (even naturally-worded requests should usually be recognised)
  • to request multiple scans, several coords and/or scan types per line may be used
  • if taking advantage of either of the above for AU scans, probably best to use "au" or "adv..." instead of just "a" for correct detection
  • if not bothered about anonymity, requesting in #scans works just as well as "/msg #scans.priv ..." (pming me does not)
  • to cancel requests, just include the word "cancel" or "delete" on the same line as the coord(s)/type(s) no longer needed
Since I only spent a few hours on a Saturday afternoon linking my existing tech securely into #scans, the bot doesn't ever reply to requesters in pm - scans appear in the public chan when a scanner does them.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote