View Single Post
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 11:05   #18
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: what happend to me yesterday......

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLinus
Actually voltage AND current don't matter, if you use a nice & great invention called "earth leakage circuit breaker" or "residual current circuit-breaker". It's basically part of every fuse box in almost every German household.
It somehow detects something that usual fused don't catch, and hence saves your life.
Apparently even the classic "hairdryer -> bath tub" method wouldn't work. It might still hurt though...
Probably depends.......

[On a class trip to Straßbourg we went to visit the "Hager Tehalit" factory who produce this stuff]
I believe they trigger at a leak of 20 mili-amps? Or something like that... which is deadly enough. You can only hope it shuts down fast enough not to kill you. Say it takes a tenth of a second (fictional number) to shut down, you still have full current on you for a tenth of a second.
Nah, I wouldn't put my life in the hands of a circuit breaker though it does safe lives occasionally.