View Single Post
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 23:52   #28
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Officers, a dying race?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
I've done both these sorts of quantities (and more) many times. In the end, the number of calls coming in means bugger all. 30 calls in one tick is piss easy if you're offered the ships. 7 calls in one tick where you're being offered sod all ships is a real challenge.
It depends how many of you are on duty and what roles you play.

When I DCed, I usually had to scan the calls myself and tag them up, shouting for the appropriate ships at the same time. I usually handled SMSing members as well. Having people doing any of this for you is just cheating

And 7 calls will never be a challenge. It's easy to tag up the calls within a few minutes, and then all you need to do is shout for ships. It's not intensive work.

Quote:
(snip) ...you can cover several calls a minute if you're offered the ships without having to put much effort in. The main problem arises when your alliance runs out of ships to send (or willingness to send), at which point Dentists pulling teeth seem to have the easy job.
I agree, but it's all about having the right people around you. In lower-level alliances it's more a case of if you get offered ships, as opposed to when.

Quote:
Ultimately, MOing is a very easy job if you have a scanner active who does the scans for you as the calls come in, and if you have members who are active and offer ships as soon as a call goes up. The trouble is more about member/scanner activity when calls are made than it is about MO workload.
Exactly - but the hours do remain prohibitive for a great number of able PA players.