Thread: Races "logos"
View Single Post
Unread 4 May 2009, 15:44   #32
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Races "logos"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
Yep your right.

Changes:
1) Moved the Xan skull to Zik and added cross bones (not sure if they fit the theme yet).
2) By adding a slight textured background to the Cogs inner, the Terran earth image now looks more 3D (by far a huge improvement).
3) Added a slight glow to the Terran cog.
4) Added a glow to the back of the cathaar eye.
5) Xan now have a Winged Bat inspired image.
6) Xan Circle has a slight green textured background added (simliar to terran).
7) ETD logo made a little darker, more texture and increased color.
EDIT:
8) The jaw on the Zik skull has been made more visible.

The ETD is still in WIP, however any suggestions are welcome.

So here are the current results

New Race Logos
Some small changes I'd suggest:
Xan: personally I feel the circle around the X is a bit too thick, making the whole image feel a little out of balance.
Zik: The bottom part of the Z on top is barely visible, so it looks more like a 7(this could be the result of my monitors calibration)

ETD is a tough one, considering there isn't really a background story about them, their uniqueness of the race is hard to capture in a logo.
With all the other races everybody has a fairly good idea what they are and where they came from, but ETD was thrown in without any real explanation.

I'd go for some sort of combination between the logo's and or colors you allready use because ETD is basicly just all the other races thrown together in one :/

Still very nice work! All the logo's that are done or semi-done fit the race perfectly and i'm loving your choice of fonts very much

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote