View Single Post
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 18:06   #37
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: General Hostility Towards Americans

Quote:
Originally Posted by QazokRouge5
TYhen LIST why you guys hate us. That's why i made this thread... to ask you guys.
well, i dont particularly hate you lot (<3) but i have a fair idea of why a lot of people do.

1. arrogance... sorry, but its true, im not sure how accurate it is, but that is definitely the perception we get over here. That the USA is hugely arrogant, in its treatment of other country's sovereignty, in its treatment of the environment, and in the way it views itself.

2. Lack of knowledge about the outside world. Again, not sure how true it is, but the idea of the average american is one of a hugely insular person who will probably never travel outside the borders of his country in his lifetime. There is a definite perception that as a nation, you have a HUGE lack of knowledge about the outside world.

3. Capitalism... this doesnt apply to everyone ofc, some people (nod) LOVE capitalism and think its the best thing ever. Some of us don't though. Afaik, the US is the most brutally capitalist country in the world (although of course you are no more capitalist than soviet russia was communist, but thats by the by).

4. Idiocy - This relates slightly to point two, but the general idea of an American outside America is of an uneducated boob. Not entirely sure why, but there it is.

5. Power - it has to be said, the worlds strongest power has always been disliked/hated by the rest of the world. That is what you are, learn to deal with some of the effects.

I would like to say that 5 is certainly not the most important reason, so don't go "LOLOL I WAS RITE!!". I would say 1. is the biggest.

Oh, and if you want to discuss this, address ALL my points please. I can't stand it when someone takes a tiny bit of the argument and ignores others, so please don't do that thanks.