View Single Post
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:50   #29
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
Re: General Hostility Towards Americans

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
quazok you dont realise that the average brit doesnt really care about americans. this i am sure is pretty much vise versa. theres a big ocean in between us and so day to day happenings in america dont concern europeans too much.
as for why you get the feeling of 'hatred' between countries is because of threads like this. you ask for your country not to be hated, this is fine and perfectly acceptable however you then take it a step further and say why we should basically bow down and give you thanks etc.

Simple fact is, britain and europe would be a diffrent and imo alot worse off if the americans hadnt helped us in times of needs and also influences of your culture.

HOWEVER

the same applies to america, without europeans america would be lessened in its power. no one country does anything alone without the influences and help to some extent (no matter how small it is) countries.

Basically get over it, you think your the only people europeans dislike generally? you have not heard of groups like the BNP who show huge digust with those of an asian bckground especially to those who are from the middle east.

i would have thought that people on these boards are mature enough to over look such petty matters and use there intelligence. clearly threads like this shows that its a problem which runs through everyone.
You make good points. I suppose this would be as good as a time as any to state that it was not my intention to give reasons for you people to 'bow to us as I did. Re-reading my post I realize thats what I did.

I agree with you. I would be very surprised if anyone in america even thought of the British once a day. Save of course the horrific bombings.

The reason I made this thread was indeed to ask the people across the sea what they thought, however it did not come across as I intended, no thanks to my own posting, no doubt.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote