View Single Post
Unread 20 Jul 2005, 19:16   #22
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Surely this is just asking for trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester
Phang, care to explain how pointing out something on London undergrounds website makes me racist? Go on, give it a bash - and thats not an invitation to do what commercial bankers do best.
How about...

A large, yet still a minority class, population of the country are from or descend from an arabic speaking country.

London is the capital city.

Morpeth County Hospital has arabic signs for it's departments, and that's stuck in a tiny town fifteen mile north of Newcastle.

The London Underground, many would say the only sane way to travel around London due to the city's size and density, attracts millions of travellers per year.

Out of that, lets say, one million, I'd imagine at least 15% would be of an arabic speaking background. Putting an arabic translation is hardly handing terrorists an invitation to bomb the place.

I'd assume in an older version of the website, they'd have had
aonad diúscartha buamaí printed somewhere so the IRA knew the location of the Bomb Disposal Unit...
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote