Thread: rollback ?
View Single Post
Unread 3 Feb 2009, 01:51   #43
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: rollback ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Think you've missed the argument there..

They implemented untested code into a live game.
They implemented quests into the game without feedback from anybody (Most people would of said the rewards are wrong)
They tried to change the game mid-round.
They didnt give any warning to anyone about the downtime.

Are the main mistakes regarding the quests, the whining isnt just aimed at them doing at 10:00.. thats only the last of the stupid things they did.
No I didn't miss any of this. Yes, it was a silly thing to do. But these guys aren't getting paid for it, screaming at them like little children is retarded. They tried to fix it, and they have fixed it. The only real harm done was the recalling of fleets as a simple rollback and day's downtime without recalling fleets wouldn't have been disastrous, although I'm sure there'd still be a bunch of faggots whining about it endlessly.

Quote:
They didnt give any warning to anyone about the downtime.
Are they supposed to say "shit something's gone wrong, but because you want warning we'll have to wait for a day or two to take the game down at which point it's going to be even more impossible to fix than it already is". Seriously get a ****ing grip, warning for emergency downtime?

Quote:
PA Team have forgotton the reasons why fleets are recalled (So no-one gains an advantage over the downtime). Instead they dont care about advantages anymore, only procedure.. So now we get rollbacks where some people land and some dont (instead of rolling it back to a safe time with the least amount of attacks landing like midnight) which makes the Fleet Recall redundant.
Fleet recalls are part of the rollback procedure so they had to be done. My problem is with the procedure itself and not their use of it this time. It's there to be adhered to, and they did.

Last edited by lokken; 3 Feb 2009 at 21:25.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote