View Single Post
Unread 24 May 2007, 12:48   #18
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold
Re: Correct me if I am wrong.

Ive been surprised by ascendancy this round tbh. You lot have 61 tagged members, and Im wondering what recruitment policies you guys have adopted. I think there is some misconception that ascendancy is an alliance of good players who cut the crap and do what they like, but despite this being true, the only recruitment rule you seem to have, is that you dont play shit.

I'd be interested to know when you guys decided to defend each other and what tactics you used this round.

I don't know chika, its really hard for me to agree with you on anything, but WP havent been tested, god knows what angels have been doing, and CT havent been active enough to launch a proper title challenge.

Ascendancy seems to suit its members. Its members (the ones I know are of a certain type; the type that really dont like being told what to do, but they actually do well for themselves playing as THEY want to play. Which, no matter which way you look at it, is fair play. Its an alliance full of intelligent roid whores.

But every round every alliance plays in exactly the same way- they attack together (at roughly the same time bar mid-morning retals) they TRY and defend each other and get into a routine. This round has been pretty poor for that, to me, ascendancy have actually played the most intelligent game. But then, ascendancy won a round a few rounds back, in the most intelligent win (for me) in pa, when they raped xp after looking at the stats and left everyone for dead.

I wouldn't say that the top 4 gals equate to ascendancy being the best alliance this round, because the top10 gals have fluctuated vigorously until about a week ago, when gaps between galaxies seemed to go crazy almost overnight. But ascendancy's rank, well. The roid count, the member count, the avg score. If you aren't in ascendancy, it looks ugly.

It just seems that there are good elements to the way they play, minus all the bullshit that the other alliances have. And the fact that you probably (and this is my most contraversial point) could win rounds like this if you wanted to, leaves you looking bizarre. As long as individuals are performing, the ascendancy tag seems to be a bonus.

Fair play.