View Single Post
Unread 16 Dec 2010, 02:17   #11
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Best Fleet in Holiday Round ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
8 man gal, 6 xans, 2 caths. Go CR, let the cats whore those BS and a few CR's.
With a heavy Xan CR gal, you're more than likely immune to Xan CR attacks with a nice surplus of santa's. Then again, if everyone goes this tactic, you're going to struggle to land on everyone elses gal who has an overflow of santa's. Its nice than Xan CR is clearly the best way to go but Xan CR cant land on other Xan CR players without losses, so it balances itself out.

Now ive bothered to run afew calcs, in an Xan heavy universe.. im struggling to find a fleet composition where you can land on Xans without major losses. Xan FR's are going to have Rudolph's as there main ship and Xan CR's are going to have santa's and in terms of value.. they're both evenly matched on losses (except the defender has minimal losses due to salvage).

Im starting to dislike these stats ALOT, as they arnt offensive stats which ST's should be. Its highly likely that this will be a round where you require a teamup in order to even have a chance of landing (and even then, you're going to be taking losses). With so few people playing, this is going to cause major problems and make the round increasingly boring with afew organised players racing ahead of everyone else. I'd predict that this mini-round is over before christmas.

In an Xan dominated universe, with everygal having multiple Xans... I dont see how Xans are going to land solo on active gals. Even with another xan teamup, they're still going to take losses. It doesnt really matter if you go Xan FR or Xan CR for this to happen. Its strange that Xans are by far the best choice but they're going to be highly annoying to play if the universe is Xan dominante.

So im going to change my plans and go Cath instead. Going Cath Co is basically suicide this round as everyone else will be going Xan FR/CR and so it will be incredibly hard to hold onto roids. My justification for this is, its going to be a crap round, so i want some fun at the start before the round effectively ends. Cath CR seems a good plan for this and just spam build snowman with a tiny bit of anti FR/DE to minimise losses if Xans manage to find other classes for defence. I'll be able to land solo and Xans CR players will want to avoid hitting me as i'll basically fully emp them.

but for everyone else, Xan is the best race to go, for you and your galaxy. with so little defence available this round, faking defence fleets is highly buffed and a galaxy with lots of Xans will have almost 3x the defence fleets available than other gals. Just expect to get annoyed when its only the Xan fortresses left and you struggle to hit each other.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Last edited by Light; 16 Dec 2010 at 02:32.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote