View Single Post
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 23:24   #1
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute
The Beginning......

So, what first brought you to these forums?
When did it start and why?

My story begins 5 and a half years ago, February 2000 to be exact.

It was my first year of Sixth Form. On rainy days at school, some mates and I used to frequent the WWF forums in the computer rooms.

A couple of guys in my year used to go on about "My fleet is getting there in about 5 ticks" etc, and loads of other random shit like "roids".

At first I put it down to an uncomfortable ailment, but soon realised there was this game people were playing. They recommended I check it out, so I did, and it was quite fun.

Alas, I never made it into the top 10 - I think my highest was about 50 something. I played for the first 4 rounds - and would post game related stuff on the boards.

I soon lost interest after they started changing things too much, and didn't bother again. By that time, I had made a few buddies on IRC, so I popped back in randomly a couple of years later, and lo and behold they were still around.

Anyway, I played another round half heartedly and chipped cos it was crap but mainly hung around on GD.

Then I stayed away for a few years and returned a new months ago to discover how crap everything had become with the crappy rep system, and people acting like they are newspaper columnists regarding threads...

Anyway, what's your excuse?
Arachnidman is offline   Reply With Quote