View Single Post
Unread 24 May 2004, 23:11   #8
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to start a brand new alliance or (HC 101)

Good thread Cayl

I started an alliance once(Insomnia). Well r10.5 acutally. There were several reasons for it going down. Ill mention them so others might be more careful when they start theirs...

First of all, it was very hard to get members. I managed to get a good core, and we had all chances to survive(cause the alliance started as a group of friends with me as the one taking the initiative)
We couldnt make a good fight on our own, so we seeked someone to work with(think we had 40 members at that point. growing slowly)
FAnG and Dragons(+ Virus and some others) were interested at the time. Unfortunatley, as they suffered the same lack of members as us, they only wanted to consume us and get our members(who were of a high quality standard). We were offered BG and Wing status, but they wanted our members as theirs(ingame etc). We would loose our identity so we said no. We had quite some names in it, unfortunatley alliances like FAnG got power and managed to talk someone into spying/sabotaging the allaince in its early stages.(wont mention the names)
After alot of work, 2 spies were uncovered, but by the they had done ALOT of harm already. We lost some members and it all went horribly difficult.
Then, when the round had started, many members(myself included) found out PaX was crap, and as members starting giving up before we had really begun, I had no choice but to give it up. I hope sometime to manage to start an alliance again, with my friends(or whats left of them), but atm the playerbase isnt too big, and few dare leave their already established alliances for a new one, well unless it contains names like Synthetic_Sid Zhil +++ :P

Anyway, hope it was helpful, I know I learned alot from that round, even tho it was my shortest one Thanks to all who were with me then. Never really got a chacne to thank them all. Not many of them left either...

Anyway, if you plan to start an alliance, this post will probably help you alot. Cayl did a great job here. And dont be shy to talk to other alliances. Most of them are nice and friendly. I had deals with some alliances that were full, that they could send potantials they didnt have room for to me, and id consider giving them a chance(dont do this with every allie, but some of them if you know the HC, it might be very useful)

anyway :P

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote