View Single Post
Unread 4 Mar 2009, 00:24   #110
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: An open message to Planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestorn View Post
Well, ur more behind on the shown perhaps. And shorter on the hidden? Who knows, and who cares tbh :P The rule of the universe is that no ally is allowed the hattrick. Everyone knew asc would get bashed, then again Omen was the only guys who had balls to do it early
Many posts in this thread are a load of rubbish but this one grabbed my particular attention. Fury didn't win three in a row because Legion went under new management and a new alliance emerged to stop everyone. Legion didn't win three in a row because a bunch of like minded individuals (and I was one) decided that the way the game was panning out wasn't the direction the game should be headed. 1up didn't win three in a row because a new alliance came to challenge them with new levels of dedication. And exilition didn't win three in a row because they never attempted it. No alliance has ever been beaten on the basis that you can't win three in a row, or turned on by the universe to stop it winning because it might get that groundbreaking third win. This is the first time it has happened in the history of planetarion per se, so how you describe it as a 'rule' I'm not really sure. So please stop trading in terrible myths that don't exist.

As for the point about 'bashed' - this is anything but the case. Bashed would mean we'd be out of contention, but far from it - we've been a wonderfully difficult target. For what it's worth I'm from the camp that doesn't really care how we play, because I know that if we're going to win, we're going to have to earn it and work bloody hard. Even so, I am pretty set against threads like this because quite honestly how anyone can not expect incoming to the kind of levels we've been receiving is beyond me. I'm not sure how this thread can look as anything other than a whine, but then again, I cut a pretty lone figure in this game these days.

I am pretty certain that the status quo would have resulted in NewDawn and Omen utterly broken for morale (and Omen's is pretty fragile already if I'm reading their actions correctly) and leave Ascendancy in a race against time to win the game. Moreover, one thing that JBG described that was totally accurate was the sheer tedium of the whole situation. Naturally, we could have kept going a long time, but it was a pretty dull way of going about things. So in that sense, he's done everyone a favour. Except CT. But they're first at the moment and don't really deserve one.

But really the biggest compliment we can ever receive is an agreement from hirr, who have a fantastic tradition in the game. I have massive respect for them and for them to show it to Ascendancy in return is a considerable honour, regardless of their size.