View Single Post
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 00:25   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: I'm SO moving to Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
Free Prescriptions
Free Dental care
Class sizes under 18 in primary schools
Obviously I am in favour of all of the above, but how much of your income goes on prescriptions? Adding up the last fifteen years, I think I've spent less than £10 on prescriptions. If you have a regular ailment then it's different, but for certain chronic conditions I seem to recall other arrangements being in place.

I haven't bothered checking, but from what I can tell if I had a worst case scenario with my NHS dentist (i.e. a band three charge every quarter for a whole year) then that'd only represent something like 3% of my income. The amount is not necessarily trivial but for a working person over the course of the year it would be managable (and avoidable unless like myself, you have very poor dental hygeine). For those with young children, or in receipt of benefits there are of course other arrangements for dental treatment.

Once again, I will state I am in favour of these policies in general, especially for people who are working but earning a low wage - but I wouldn't exaggerate the effect. I realise the tabloids are talking excitedly about the billions going to support those evil Scots, but it's really not that big a deal for most of the people on this forum (I would expect).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote