View Single Post
Unread 13 Jun 2016, 23:04   #29
Sandvold

Sandvold will become famous soon enoughSandvold will become famous soon enough
Re: r67 who will win

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
If roid initiating its the problem then the mh seriously need to reconsider how they do things. This game needs more roids not less! Everyone likes gaining roids and get frustrated when they don't get them or lose them. As such creating a continual supply of new roids, that is not dependent on bashing nubs is vital for the game, and it is something that does not currently happen. Instead what happens is that ppl trying the game start, initrate a few roids, find they are roided into the ground and give up... Not helpful.

Additionally the mh should not be about killing off innovative strategies that don't break the rules. If the pa crew don't like the strategy the change should be to the game mechanics not reliant upon using the mh as a blunt instrument. Initiating roids is a key part of the game, defending is a key part of the game, I seriously don't see how combining the two can be considered cheating. If they are not initiating for particular people to land, if they are not only letting some special people through and stopping others, if they are aiming to win rather than to help others then I do not see how there can be any complaint or consideration that it is farming.

There is no agreement, there is no intent to benefit individual attackers, there is no farming. If sending a one ship defence is is xp farming then half the players need to be closed, we are almost all guilty of at some point in the round opting to take 300xp because we have a spare fleet and a few ships but no hope of actually stopping an attacker (or possibly having no real desire to stop the attacker).
I think the same tbh and is why I said abuse and not cheating. The def xp wasn't intended that way but is now being used to win. And i have used the def xp + scan xp myself.

As i mentioned to appoco, when/if u change the def xp to something which u said scalable based on value/denying cap whatever. I haven't really been thinking of it. Then also change scan xp. Same type of scan on same target same tick = 0 xp. Round i won i scanned myself for max xp each tick and took less then 5 min. Something which also is an abuse.
Sandvold is offline   Reply With Quote