Thread: Stealing XP
View Single Post
Unread 8 Oct 2014, 16:51   #9
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: Stealing XP

I am guessing this conceptual problem is the reason why it has not been suggested before (if it actually has not). My view would be that what other games do or real life should not really be a limit on what we can do in planetarion. If it would be more fun to be able to steal xp then why should we not do it simply because other games dont? Of course the consensus at the moment seems to be that it would not be fun at all!

However I also think you are wrong. Of course you don't lose - or still less have experience stolen - as a person, but that does not mean a planet cant have its experience stolen. In the real world where is experience located? In two ways 1, in books, computers, databases with information - these can clearly be stolen. And 2, in people/the population - which can also be stolen. Just think of it as kidnapping the top pilots/gunners etc. This was why I initially thought a cov op the more sensible or realistic option I just don't think it would work as well in planetarion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
Stealing xp can also be abused. Rather than that I suggest:
Make a planet lose 15% xp whenever recall an atk fleet
Make it lose 15% xp if not atking for 24 ticks
Make it lose xp whenever it initiate roids, 100 x roids would be fine
Apply a 0.5 multiplier to xp formula
Make bravery factor as a function of fighting fleet on def side, if no def, no xp.
Increase con units to build mcs to 1500. Reduce its xp gain to 0.5%

That should be enough.
15% OUCH! Most players would have almost no xp in very little time. My problem with suggestions like this is that I dont want there to be less xp, I want there to be more, just for there to be more interesting ways to get it! To me the preventing people running away with the win due to lots of xp that never disappears is very much a secondary objective of the suggestion even if I will admit that it is what gave me the idea to make the suggestion.

Otterly an Otter.

Last edited by booji; 8 Oct 2014 at 16:57.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote