View Single Post
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 16:46   #5
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: improving the gaming experience not the game mechanics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerbij
In line with enhancing the experience...

I dont think this is easy to do; but I've always wanted to see what my fleet looked like, instead of some numbers. A planet with a lot of gendered pictures for ships would be neat. In line with this; some animated battle reports. I am happy seeing triangles and squares giving each other a hard time. Games like droidarena have shown this is possible. I know planetarion is of quite a different scale but maybe things like drawing squadrons would work.
Do you really think thats worthwhile though. I mean while a image showing how the battkle went might be amusing at first youd soon grow tired of it. The mention of seeing the battle as Squares and triangles remindeds me of the 2d pitch you can have on Championship manager 4 and It would be useful in PA IF we could make change to our battle tactics during the fight (after all in CM4 when playing a match this is where the 2d engine is really useful) but as a browser game i dont see how its possible to pull off such a use like that.

HOWEVER i can see a use for images, ship names could all be hyperlinked and clicking would load a new window showing a 3d image that roatates around showing all side sof the ship and below would be all its stats nicely presented.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote