View Single Post
Unread 17 Oct 2009, 16:41   #6
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: r34 First Tick Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
A few things:

a) I'm not sure about this one, think I got this in speedgame once, but if you 'buy' HCT 1, you don't finish that quest, which means you miss out on a few resources/xp (which isn't that much anyway, but who knows it might win you the round >=).
So start it first before buying it.
Thats a bug that should be fixed before roundstart.

Quote:
b) BEFORE you 'buy' constructions, make sure to start/queue two, as they will then only be 0/1000 of each resource.
Good point.

Quote:
Also, I haven't started beta at tick 0 so I don't know how many resources you get, but is it still most efficient to initiate up to 300 roids, if you only have 24-34 before the first incs might land?
Init'ing to 300 wasnt the most efficient way to get resources before. Its just the amount that everyone thinks they can get away with init'ing to without being a huge target. Some people only init to 275 others to 400+.

Im fairly confident we'll see the same amount of roids being init'd this round.. Considering for most people, they're only missing out on 2-4 ticks of roid income when comparing to last round.

Here's some rough numbers for you:
Xan Feud without missing ticks init'ing up to 300 roids in the previous game, would have 829k of each resources at tick 62.
Xan Feud initing 300 roids at tick 0 will end up with 1.8mil resources at tick 16.

Im guessing these numbers are likely to change but as it is.. you'll actually have alot more ships at the end of protection this round than previously.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Last edited by Light; 17 Oct 2009 at 16:48.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote