Thread: Stealing XP
View Single Post
Unread 8 Oct 2014, 17:08   #10
TheoDD

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about
Re: Stealing XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
I am guessing this conceptual problem is the reason why it has not been suggested before (if it actually has not). My view would be that what other games do or real life should not really be a limit on what we can do in planetarion. If it would be more fun to be able to steal xp then why should we not do it simply because other games dont? Of course the consensus at the moment seems to be that it would not be fun at all!

However I also think you are wrong. Of course you don't lose - or still less have experience stolen - as a person, but that does not mean a planet cant have its experience stolen. In the real world where is experience located? In two ways 1, in books, computers, databases with information - these can clearly be stolen. And 2, in people/the population - which can also be stolen. Just think of it as kidnapping the top pilots/gunners etc. This was why I initially thought a cov op the more sensible or realistic option I just don't think it would work as well in planetarion.
You can steal / kidnap the persons, steal / ruin the books/databanks.
It's still their experience, you can only learn so much from it, but you can never steal the experience.
On another note: I do not disclaim or claim this idea to be good/bad, tbh i wouldn't mind seeing the ability to steal xp or tamper with other players xp for a round atleast.

Might also be an idea to modify the "anarchy cov op" and add a reduced xp gain during this time. Will make it a more attractive cov op, would love to see stats of how many of each cov ops has been attempted and successfull over the past rounds. As i do't think Goverment Subversion is used to the extent it should be. ( it is a nasty cov op, but not nasty enough ) So adding something that tampers with targets xp gains might be an option. Could also consider stealing xp through cov ops... Maybe 0.1 - 0.5% xp for every 1 - 10 agents?
I'm sure we can easily calculate a way to make that balanced.
Also forces those heavy on XP to protect their alert level.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote