View Single Post
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 22:26   #8
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice
Re: Hi from a Jagex fansite

hmm one thing i forgot to add when u asked teitaja

i play wow (for my sins) but only relatively recently. I always refused to get involved due to its time consuming and addictive nature ( i have a very addictive personality). However 2 years back I started playing in a pub poker league with a couple of mates, and it turned out the pub we happened to choose had a really sound group of dudes and dudettes playing poker there regularly, they become a good group of friends who despite their recent arrival to my life, im proud to call them my best friends. Theyre the perfect group, they party hard when they want to, theyre all good looking people so fanny comes easily in and out of our group, but theyre all geeks at heart and love to play geeky computer games

digressing but the background is important to what id love to see changed in PA and is entirely relevant to what might make me play round after round and also introduce new players

we play wow once a week on a lan at sharkys house. weve got 6 desktops set up there permanent and enough ports and a solid connection to support another 6 laptops that people can bring. We all get a litre of vodka each and a communal pool of 5 litres of vodka, plus kitty in to a whole fridge full of mixers. we get seriously ****ed up and raid together int he same room playing wow. we banter we bitch we fight we cry we wake up ina pool of our vomit and covered in electrical tape with GAY wrote out on our foreheads.

You just cant do that with PA. I shared a flat with two mates for 6 years before i bought my house in November. I got one of them to play PA but the rules stipulated that we couldnt be in the same gal, we couldnt attack together and we couldnt defend each other (edit - more background to highlight how restictive PA is) the lad i got to play PA is the younger brother of the ex wolfpack bc i mentioned earlier who now gets sponsered to run raids in another game. Once my flatmate started playing he then got his youngest brother (theres 4 of them) to play. I couldnt play the game with my flatmate, and though we could both play with my flatmates youngest brother as he lived at his mums at the time so a seperate IP, his brother could not play with the both of us at the same time as that would break the rules. Once i bought my house and moved out of the flat my ex flatmates youngest brother who we got playing moved into the flat. Now my exflatmate and his brother can't play together so they both quit. Ironically, i could of now finally played with both of them, and both of them could of played with me, but coz those two shared an ip, we couldnt all interact together. If they had stayed.(end edit). Confused. Yup. Stupendously short sighted. Yup. Imagine 10+ people in the same room on a random night playing PA. Multi hunters would have a field day. PA is a solitary existance regardless of the community

Last edited by DarkHeart; 3 Aug 2010 at 23:03.
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote