Thread: Round 52 stats
View Single Post
Unread 12 May 2013, 12:03   #66
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: Round 52 stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I think it's amusing you people think changes to the stats make the game more interesting.
I don't think changes to the stats make the game more interesting. I think with changed (and not tweaked, especially not the tweaks i've seen you suggest and deny) stats the rounds fun starts before the tickstart. Selecting the best strategy for your alliance, and then tweaking that strategy for the first 3 weeks of the round has allways been a big part of the fun for me. By re-using statssets so fresh you take a lot of the work and skill involved in selecting a strategy away. As now you just take the 3-4 best working strategies from r50 and put them through the test on how they stack up against other strategies, and then select the best out of them.

I agree that this is a type of fun that is only provided to a select few in the community. But generally speaking without those few there would be no alliances, especially not as many competing alliances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I'm unwilling to drag AD into here, but Newdawn won because of politics, not because of the stats.
I'll admit politics had a strong influence on their win too. But i think without their ter BS they would have had about 10m less score from pure XP in the last 2 weeks alone. Considering the gap between ND and CT was just 20m in the end, the round could've ended quite different without them. You even admitted to create a very defensive set last round to make sure ND wouldn't be able to win another round (albeit not in public but by giving me a positive reputation point on a remark of mine that ND couldnt win with such defensive stats), so obviously you acknowledged the effect stats had on their win too.

As for me personally, Ter BS being overpowered in the sense of crashing for XP lateround, made the difference between finishing top 20, and 30th. As someone 'crashed' (gains in theory were equal on both sides, but i would loose 25% of my roids (700 roid iirc) and all my defenders would have gotten the boost, if it hadnt been for them being fake). For my attacker it meant he got boosted into top 10 (from ~rank 30) and if he hadn't crashed his DE on me the very next tick i am quite confident he would've held on to that top 10 rank.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN

Last edited by Influence; 12 May 2013 at 12:09.
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote