Thread: Donating cap
View Single Post
Unread 4 Feb 2015, 12:58   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Donating cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
Isn't that the exact thing I said? Except for the fact that I believe everyone can be of the opinion that these tactics are cheating.
"That is cheating" is not an opinion. It's a statement of fact. An incorrect one. I don't understand why this is so hard for people to wrap their head around. The definition of cheating is 'actions that break the rules'. There are no rules that cover hiding resources in the galfund. Therefore, hiding resources in the galfund is not cheating. End of story.

Quote:
I'm sorry, due to the lack of a public design document and documentation of game mechanics from back when the galaxy fund was introduced i can't provide such a citation. I recall some explanatory text on the original galfund donation pages that explained what uses the galfund 'could' be used for. There were no absolute limitations on it afaik, apart from the 50m / 200 ticks maximum to a donation, and the by design limitation of 75m that used to be circumvented by trading resources as the limition was only set to incoming donations.
If they wanted the gal fund to only be used by people who crashed, that would be easy to do: if current value is lower than max value this round, allow donations up to the difference in value, with a ceiling.

In any case, even if you came up with a hand written statement by Appocomaster, signed in blood, it still wouldn't matter. Intentions are irrelevant. What matters is if a certain strategy makes the game better or worse. That's a discussion worth having, though apparently the decision has already been made. Note how that's different from cheating or not cheating, and also note I've made no comments about whether this use of the galfund is good or bad.

Quote:
And you are perfectly entitled to that opinion.
You're 'entitled' to the opinion 'the way the gal fund is currently used is harmful to the game'. You're not entitled to having your own facts. If your opinion is that the sky is orange, I'm going to call you a fool. If your opinion is that something legal is cheating, then I'm going to call you a fool.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote