View Single Post
Unread 8 Jan 2010, 17:51   #9
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Make attacking more interesting

If the attacker loses ships every time he launches then it could be interesting. But then you have to worry that this gameplay style would probably encourage XP whoring. (Also a matter of taste, but i dislike it very much).
Also, I consider myself the average PA player and "core" of the game. I have been playing this game for over 9 years now, on and off, and I no longer have the time / desire to log in nights to check if someone is overburning / stealth hitting me, or wake up in the morning to see that someone is already eta1 or landed on my planet bc he used overburn.
In that sense, active players are less prone to fall victim of these attacks, because they can cover themselves more easily than those who are not that active.