View Single Post
Unread 8 Jan 2010, 17:32   #8
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: Make attacking more interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k View Post
I have to say i don't like this suggestion, because i fear it will rewards active / organized players much more than inactive ones.
Isn't the point of any game to reward activity? Otherwise why just not have bots run the game? Pick your bot, let it go and come back in 7 weeks and see who wins!

Anyway regarding the initial suggestion, it is interesting. If implemented there would be a ton of complaints that it is unfair I suspect. One word of caution, while I agree having a variety of attach options is essential to having an interesting game, they need to be balanced. Otherwise one option is determined by the players to be the optimal, and no other paths are used. Adding the factor of loosing ships is one interesting way to do this. I might even suggest it would be worth facing the possibility of loosing 100% of your ships as part of the stealth attack due to the defender noticing it. It would obviously have to be a rather low probability to make stealth attacks worth considering, but having it as an option would be interesting in my opinion.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote