View Single Post
Unread 13 Jan 2016, 16:57   #28
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: At what point is there not enough players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
What do you mean by 'cut adrift'? If you mean they can no longer win, that is always the case with all but 2-3 of the alliances playing. If you mean they've stopped playing, then I'd need to know why.

I am in favour of cutting down on the amount of downtime by either removing havoc altogether, or (Patrikc's suggestion) overlapping it with signups for the next round.
Yes I meant can not win. From my personal experience in a multitude of alliances once the win is not achievable or severely hard graft to pull off half the alliance goes 'awol' this can be as early as tick 500 sometimes.

With your non human regulator of round length we could end up with a round that runs 8-9 weeks yet nothing happens conflict wise, those alliance could be napped and roid farming 3-6 alliances whilst staying within 10-15 mill of each other. Having a potential 800 ticks of dead game for the majority, along with a minimum downtime of 2 weeks would push over 1100 ticks inbetween some people's active play. That is not good no matter which way you slice it
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote