Thread: Pa api
View Single Post
Unread 31 Jan 2010, 14:48   #14
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future
Re: Pa api

Bloody hell do you people not read? This API would not make it easier for bots, because the botchecker image would still be there. That said it's hardly a perfect system and I know at least one person that has code that can fairly often accurately decipher the images, but that's getting a little off topic!

Anyways, for posterity's sake, here is what I wrote originally regarding security and bots again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
The main issue I see... is security.... It would still be possible to push users of this API through a bot checker (easiest solution is sending my code a URL for a bot checker image, and from there everything would be the same as a browser).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
Assuming you don't **** up authentication, this would have no affect on bots playing or not (unless that's something you want to allow, but that's getting a little off topic).
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote