Thread: Is GD dying?
View Single Post
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 18:50   #33
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Is GD dying?

Oh the periodic 'GD is dying' phase. How I loathe it.

GD is not dying. The number of regular users has dramatically fallen since I started using these boards. I don't know how many familiar faces and friends I have seen go. I don't know how many 'GD is dying' threads I have seen in the ohholymotherof**** 4 and a half years I have been posting here for. Still we continue.

As for the way we treat newcomers - think of it as an initiation. It's not out of malice. We give shit to people who post crap regardless of whether they are newcomers or old faces. There are countless board members who have joined this forum with no hassle, who have fitted straight in. I am sure there are many who have come, have observed the forum and who have buggered off sharpish realising it's not for them. I know most forums I have joined encourage new users to lurk for a while, get the feel of the place before posting. It'd be nice if newcomers did that here instead of jumping in and posting utter utter tosh and then getting flamed to hell for it - if they'd bother browsing first they'd save everyone a lot of hassle. At the end of the day the feel of this board is down to the users - new people can fit in but not all of them will and I don't think we have any need to apologise for that. It's like asking every regular on this forum to apologise for being the people they are.

With regard to whether we are stealing the board from actual PA players - **** it. We were all, at one time or another, PA players. Why shouldn't we post here? Personally I don't give a damn who posts on this board as long as they don't fill it with crap and then get pissy because we tell them they are posting crap.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote